Christians,How do you read the bible?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 8:12 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• same as everything else- top to bottom left to right
    Anonymous

• I just open it up and start on a chapter. If Im looking for something specific then I will use the topical guide but usually I just open it up and read.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:24 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I pray 1st and ask God to direct me to whatever He wants to tell me at that moment. I 99% of the time open up to a verse that hits direct on what I am going through and hits the heart. I love it! God is so good that way
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 9:53 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Guided by the spirit of Yahweh, I have read it all, but reread it often. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Sometimes I look for specific things to look up, like the miracles of Jesus or women of the bible, sometimes I choose a book or chapter to study. it depends on what is going on in my life that needs to be examined or just what interests me. Sometimes i just need comfort and find old favorite verses. No matter what or how many times I've read it there is always something new.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:35 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I read it and use my common sense if I am ever stuck on a verse I as k God for understanding :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Currently I am reading it from cover to cover, but I have to admit, I'm not enjoying it as much as say, looking up a topic and skipping around to the verses related to it. Always start with prayer and that will help.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:03 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I just read through from beginning to end. Sometimes I read on a topic. Sometimes I read on a particular character (character study). Sometimes it is based on a particular struggle I am having or topic of interest. Sometimes I read a verse over and over again, meditating on it and memorizing it. Sometimes I just pray & open up and read the page I turn too......it all depends on what I feel lead to.

Lately I have been reading Genesis along with commentary on the verses.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:05 AM on May. 9, 2010

• What DeeDee said. :-) With prayer and a notebook handy. It's good to go back and read the many different things I've gotten out of the same verse at different readings.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:04 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I have a Daily bible and read what it says to read for the day. When I was more consistent I would read a chapter of Psalms and then whatever the chapters were assigned for the day . Ill be getting back into that pattern again.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:44 PM on May. 9, 2010