How can I get rid of my daughter's pacie?

She is 2 now and I am wanting her to get rid of it. She has them every where! My parents keep buying them because they give her whatever she wants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Invite the paci fairy to visit and send them off to the little babies that need them. :-) Don't give them to her and tell you parents to spend their money elsewhere.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have heard if you make a tiny hole it will not be the same comfort so then they'll just toss it to the side then make another slightly bigger hole as time goes by and go from there. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My friend cut the nipple off of them when her son wasn't looking. When he would ask what happened, she would tell him they were broken and needed to be thrown away. Once they were all "broken" he stopped asking for them.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:38 PM on May. 8, 2010

• At 2 you just flat out take it. You throw them all away. Tell her she's a big girl and doesn't need a baby pacifier any more. Tell your parents she's 2 and no longer a baby and doesn't need a paci. If they persist, ask them if they want to pay for her braces.

The trick mentioned above about cutting them and calling them broken has worked well for a few moms I've known.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:45 PM on May. 8, 2010

• start by not letting her have it during the day, And then somewhere along the line she'll stop using it at night..
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:10 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I watched my friend teke her sons away. Shed took em all away but one and only let him have that one for a week. Then every 2 days she clipped a peice off of it with scissors. After the 3rd clip it wasnt the same and he didnt want it anymore. I like the binkie fairy idea too. Very cute. Im a mean mommy. I starteg giving my son a lovey object at 4 months to get attatched to, and by 5 months he just had the paci at night. And at 6.5 months i took it away. He didnt seem to mind. He just cuddles his lovey. He never sucked his thumb afterwards and doesnt have to have the lovey to sleep so it worked well for me!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• my kids woke up one day and they were all gone ... a little crying for a day and then they seemed to jsut forget about them!
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 2:37 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Great answers and great question !! My daughter is addicted to hers... I am going to try to cut them down!!
    good luck to you and me!!
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 1:48 AM on May. 10, 2010