How do you know if your child is pooping normally or if your just paranoid?

It hurts evey time my daughter poops. i have taking her to the doctor a number of times and they always tell me she is fine it's normal for her to only poop 2-3 times per week. I can go for that if she did cry or squeeze on to something everytime she poops. I don't think it's normal.

myasmommy1107

Asked by myasmommy1107 at 8:19 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has been like that since she was like 2 or 3 weeks old, we brought her to see a dpeditricition he put her on a med that not only tasted horrible but dident work, but he left her on it and said it would work, we finally had enough and brought her to see another pediatriction and he said her bowels were stretched that Big that it was going to take a year for it to go back to normal and he changed her med and put her on lax-a-day its a stool softner and it has done wonders for her..he poops went from rock hard to peanut butter texture, and she has at least one poop every day...he told us if it get runny to knock her back a bit. Bring med up to your pedi and see what he says about putting your child on this so he can reccommend a dosage for you to give her.
    Good luck and i hope that you daughgter gets the help that she needs...i know what u are going threw and i no how painful it is to watch your child go threw it!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:28 PM on May. 8, 2010

• She should be pooping at least once a day if she's getting the right amount of fiber and fluids. Your doctor is a moron. It should NEVER hurt to go poop. I'd find a new pedi.
    Anonymous