Just wondering how many people shave their arms...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The tops or underarms? I used to shave the tops of my arms but then decided it was too much trouble. I still shave underarms.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 PM on May. 8, 2010

• not the armpits the tops of the arms..my arms are really hairy and was wondering if shaving would be a good idea or not
    Anonymous

• I used to shave the tops of my arms but then a male friend commented on how prickly it was when it was growing back (like a day or two after i shaved!) So out of embarassment as well to avoid the hassle of even more shaving, I stopped
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:40 PM on May. 8, 2010

• No, I don't. Mine are pretty hairy, but I am blonde. I'd considered it, but generally it grows back thicker, so I hear. Not to mention I can go weeks without shaving my legs... I don't think I would be consistent lol.
    You can try waxing, etc. I know some women with dark and thick arm hair do that. Lasts longer, stays smoother.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:51 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have shaved my arm hair before because I thought it was dark and ugly on my arms but that was before my DS was born and I was able to take the time to enjoy a shower and do unimportant grooming like that. Now, I've learned to live with it and it's really not as ugly as I had made it seem.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:06 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I wax mine, I just prefer it, and you don't get prickly growth back, it is actually finer and softer. If you can't wax yourself go to a salon, they know what they're doing, exfoliate gently to prevent ingrown hairs
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:32 PM on May. 8, 2010

• i do, all the time.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on May. 8, 2010

• & it doesnt grow back prickly either...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:42 PM on May. 8, 2010

• i do. IMO i look like a hairy monkey if a don't shave.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Shaving is a really bad idea. My advice is to use the Skin So Soft Fresh and Smooth Hair Removal Cream for face. I like the facial version better for fine hair like your tummy or arms. Its on sale for $3.99 and it works really well. If you've used hair removal creams before that took forever to work don't make the mistake of leaving this one on too long. Two minutes the hair should wipe right off. I use a cotton ball to wipe it off, it seems to work the best. If you want to try it go to www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:14 PM on May. 12, 2010