Tired of people crapping on military and their families. Get over it (Vent)

WTH is up with people comparing military service with a civilian job? It is not the same. I am not saying my husband is better than anyone else because he is in the military. I think that anyone who works and takes care of their family is great. But I have heard alot that military members are overpaid. I would disagree. I dont think it is terrible, but considering the duties and responsibilities, and the amount of time it is underpaid. It is nice that there is alot of services for military and their families, it can be a real help. There is alot of sacrifice and stressful situations being a military family, and I appreciate the services we do get on post. We did volunteer for this, and accept the military lifestyle, but is it too much too ask for people to be respectful? I would like to thank all the people who do support the troops, thank you and God bless you. So what is your beef with the military and their families?

Sillybillymel

Asked by Sillybillymel at 8:39 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So reality is different than perception

Excellent ^ post Sillybilly~ Too bad the ones who are attempting (even if it means lying) to argue against military (in this post) are anonymous.  They post crap to start sh*t.  They probably have deeper problems and issue than the crap they spew against the military.  Why else would someone be anonymous n a non personal post like this..  They are merely weasels looking to start something.  You deserve best answer for your own post. KUDOS.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I wasn't aware of any issues to begin with.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:50 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have seen it alot here on CM.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 8:55 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't know there was a issue either. In my opinion the risks and situations for military families are far above the pay out. I am part of a civilian family and I appreciate from the bottom of my heart what military families do for us. I'd give you the shirt off my back if I had the chance. Thank you for all you've done for the rest of us.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I see it pretty regularly on here...I just ignore it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:07 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have a high regard for the military my brother is in the army I have seen what his family goes through when he is deployed. I don't think the men and woman you put their life on the line get paid anywhere near what they should. I would say they are better people...not many will put their life on the line for complete strangers.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any "beef" with members of the military or their families, I do not agree with what the military is doing right now (not the fault of most, just it's leaders) and I HATED the way they treated my husband while he was in the Navy.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:15 PM on May. 8, 2010

• They get free housing, free health care and discounted food. What else would you like them to get?

Anonymous

• :25 PM on May. 8, 2010 by: Anonymous

I'm sorry I just have to laugh at your statement.

laughing 

Anonymous

• it's true so I don't get the laughter. Police officers & Fire ffighters risk their lives too and for less money and no free anything

Anonymous