Do you have your step kids make/give mothers day gifts for there mother?

I do, I guess it makes me feel better :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I would if I were in that situation. My kids got a card & decorated it for my mother in law and a couple single moms at church. My mom's passed away.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't have step kids, but I do make my son make a card or pick out a card for his grandmother, my ex MIL...(It takes everything in me to be that nice)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:25 PM on May. 8, 2010

• no. we dont get any gifts for BM. she has re-married, i feel that it is her new hubbies responsibility to do that. just as i feel it is mine to get gifts from the kids for SO. and SO's to get them for me. However, BM does sometimes get SO and even ME gifts from the kids for different holidays. I find it bizarre and it honestly makes me uncomfortable. its a nice thought, but i find it wierd.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:40 PM on May. 8, 2010

• aly38914290 - guess it's not about how you feel and what makes the kids happy.
    Anonymous

• I would
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:54 PM on May. 8, 2010

• No, their mother can't be bothered to give two shits about them, so she doesn't deserve gifts. Yes, they live with us full-time. They haven't heard from or seen her in almost 2 years
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:02 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Nope. BM committed suicide but, she didn't want my son anyways. So, she wouldn't be getting gifts from us. I would send my son's BM's grandma a gift but, she is rude and ungrateful so, no she won't be getting one either. Only I get something.:)
    Anonymous

• wow anon 10:12, wow.
    Anonymous

• If my stepson was living with me then I would have him do it. After all she is his birth mama. We're trying to get custody because she's not that great of a mama so maybe by this time next year I'll be having him make something for his mom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:27 PM on May. 8, 2010

• ANON 42: "aly38914290 - guess it's not about how you feel and what makes the kids happy. "

I am not sure what you are trying to say here...I didnt say that it was BAD that BM got gifts for SO & I. I said i thought it was wierd & made me feel uncomfortable. I also didn't say that I let the kids know that I felt wierd about it. I dont tell them that. I accept the gifts (as does SO) w/ a smile & all the excitement we would no matter who gave the kids the money or took them to get the gifts. Also, the kids NEVER ask us to get gifts for BM from them. I am not going to bring it up since I dont feel its our job & SO never would have before I was around either. We have made her cards for things in the past or drawn her pictures but that was because the kids wanted to do that. I am not going to do something to get in the way of the kids relationship with their BM.

If the kids wanted to make their BM a card we would have. cont.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:07 PM on May. 9, 2010