How do you prevent a yeast infection?

They are about to drive me crazy!! I used to get yeast infections like crazy when I was a baby, according to my mom, but thankfully I grew out of it and never had a single one until after I got pregnant with my son. They were very rare. But after having my daughter, it is almost once every month or two. My pap came back fine, so there isnt any medical reason that showed up why I should keep getting them. I always make DH brush his teeth and take a shower before we have sex. I wipe from front to back. lol. I don't know what else I can do differently? HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Health

• they have azo brand yeast infection pills that will help prevent them. you are supose to take them every day. also eat yogurt.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:10 PM on May. 8, 2010

• eat right, if you are having constant sex make sure you clean yourself, rough sex can cause it, if you clean your vaginal area to much it can cause you to have yeast infection ( you shouldn't douche often maybe twice a month). If you over clean that area you will kill the good bacteria that destroys the bad bacteria. If your vagina stinks then you need to change how you eat and clean. Alot of fruit and veggies will help with the smell. Clean enough to remove the smell.
    Anonymous

• I make sure I eat yogurt to keep a balance in my system. One great thing I read is to iron your panties crotch. Washing them doesn't kill the yeast. Ironing them get it hot enough to kill it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Commercial yogurt is not the answer here. It contains good cultures, but it also contains lots of sugar, which feeds yeast. Probiotic pills, avoiding antibiotics, eating a low-yeast-low-sugar diet (think sugar and gluten free, and minimal fruit) and avoiding harsh soaps and douching will do wonders. Also, you can do yogurt suppositories once a week or so. Get ONLY organic, high-quality, full fat, PLAIN yogurt. Use a child's medicine syringe (you can just go up to the Walmart pharmacy counter and ask for one, they're free) and put a tablespoon or two of the yogurt into it and "inject" it into your vagina. Put on a pad and go to bed (do it at nighttime so that it has time to work before leaking out). Once you have the infections under control, discontinue the suppositories, as the bacteria in them could disturb the yeast and cause bacterial infections.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• NEVER douche, I only say that because of the person who said twice a month - she's wrong. Cotton underpants, keep your crotch aired out, sleep without undies on if you can, do what you can to not sweat down there.
    Anonymous

• What kind of birth control are you using? I know MANY women who use IUD's who get yeast infections all the time when they didn't used to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I take a probiotic capsule, eat probiotic yogurt and take garlic pills every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I agree with the poster who said to never douche. Douching washes away the natural flora of your vagina and can lead to an overgrowth of yeast...the vagina is "self cleaning". I also would get yeast infections if I take a bubble bath, or if I take a tub bath/hot soak too often so i avoid them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on May. 9, 2010