JAIL HOUSE LOVE.......

my friend is in love with someone who is in prison for a long time..... They plan to get married asap (while he is locked up). I told her to follower her heart and if she had any doubt to listen to her doubt. I didn't know what to tell her. Who am I to tell her she is wrong. A true friend will support her decision........ Right? Am I wrong? I don't believe in getting in the way of true love.... Who am I to say he is dangerous. So what you think? Should she wait? Am I wrong? She is grown and knows right from wrong, so I don't think I need to tell her if she is wrong or not. Ugh!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are being honest, you are being real. I honestly don't know. I definately wouldn't meet someone WHILE they were incarcerated, and plan a future because you just never know what will happen in the real world, but I would tell my friend that and encourage her as best as I could.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:08 PM on May. 8, 2010

• i think you gave her good advise. love knows no bounds. but she may want to consider why he is in prison. and some men use women so when they get out they will have a home to go to.
    Anonymous

• Most people like that are just lonely. Jailhouse romances are convenient but they are normally based on something that won't last. I've seen so many of them. They fill a void. They give false hope of love. Not many last but if she's happy then there isn't much you can do. I'd be honest about my feelings about it though. She'd be held responsible for him financially and I wouldn't do that. I'd try to get her to wait until he is out and proves himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• why is he in prison?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think you're right to just be supportive
    Anonymous

• idk what he is in for... I hope she does! I hope he is not using her! I think you all are right
    Anonymous

• I would never date a jailbird....just keeping it real.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• lol keepin it real? What does your answer have to do with the question? People on here just try to get drama started.... Lol "keepin it real" ! Wow, smh
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 11:11 PM on May. 8, 2010

• tell her she can do better then to marry a man who is in prison for a reason u dont even know. what is this getting in the way of true love. do u think this guy has so very mnany choices>>> in jail. she can do better. take a stand--be a good frined and tell her to find someone who is living a reall life and can offer her something besides real love. is this a joke??/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I wrestled with touching this one until I could think of something appropriate. WHAT, IS SHE THINKING?!!!!!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2010