Toddler poop problems....

My daughter is 21 months old and I cant figure out if her bowel movements are normal. They aren't completly solid. They are kind of mushy looking. She starting to get the signs of potty training and I would like to know what is normal for a toddler.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 9:48 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Apple sauce/ juice can make her stool soft. If my niece has even a half a glass she has diareah for 2 days. See if anything in her diet can be causing it and if not then talk to her doctor. GL!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:02 PM on May. 8, 2010

• From what I have been told, they shoud be having formed poops at this age, not mushy. That is the goal we are trying to reach w/ my son but he has food intolerances we're still trying to work out which is causing mushy poops and diarrhea for him.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• are you at all nursing her? if you are that will make it more mushy. dairy will make it more solid so if she isnt eating a lot of dairy that may be why its mushy. apple sauce prunes, grapes juice can make is mushy too. if she is eating well and has a good diet then she is fine. this is a good question for her pediatrician though since s/he knows your daughters body pretty good.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on May. 9, 2010