Why do I worry about stupid things?

Tomorrow is my 1st Mother Day and although I'm looking forward to it I'm also nervous. I am going to a mothers day brunch with dh,mil, my parents and my 4 month old daughter. I am so stresssed about what could happen such as my daughter having a melt down (which she seldom does) to a diaper explosion and the list goes on. Does anyone have any advice so I can possibly enjoy myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on May. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• The things you just named are all part of being a mom! The VERY thing you are going to celebrate...so if something unexpected occurs...laugh, deal with it, and try to remember one day, you will look back and miss the explosive diapers....hard to believe...but you will. LOL
    Anonymous

• RELAX and enjoy your day!! As a parent many things will go wrong and not as planned but you just have to go with the flow. Don't worry about things you can not control and just enjoy spending the day with the people you love!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:51 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Learn now, 'don't sweat the small stuff '
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:55 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Now that you've worried about what might happen, make sure you're prepared! Take extra diapers and a change of clothes (for you both) and realize these are the moments motherhood is made of! :o) Just enjoy the moment! And your mother's day! Happy First Mother's Day!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:00 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Hey I worry bout everything too! I get so stressed out when we go over to peoples houses or people come over or we go out what ever it my be! And this has been going on almost 2 years LOL! :)
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• thats how I am. SOmetimes the stupidest things stress me! I was worse when I first did holidays, b-day parties, ect. I remeber being so anxious about my son turning 1! I wanted everything perfect. Now he is 6 and I am more laid back. I also have two others to tend too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 9, 2010