should i just go through stuff myself and throw or donate what i think needs to go?

i been asking my husband since january to help me go through stuff so i dont throw anything away that he wants to keep..and he makes some kinda excuse of why he cant on his days off and stays up late and sleeps late on his days he has to work, im sick of the clutter and bought ready to toss just about everything
what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• just do it! If it's something he hasn't seen in the 5 months since you started discussing this, he's not going to miss it if you throw out something of his
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:11 PM on May. 8, 2010

• i would go through it all and give away what you think you guys don't need. I am about to do the same thing!
    Anonymous

• What I do is go through everything, and get rid of anything I'm pretty sure he won't want. If I come across something and go "hmm. I wonder if he would want this" I put it in a pile and ask him to go through THAT instead of asking him to go through EVERYTHING with me. That way it's just a fraction of the "work" and it's all stuff that he has an interest in and not your stuff, your kids' stuff, and just random clutter that he cares nothing about. It's only HIS stuff.

Or if you don't want to coddle him that much you can give him an ultimatum lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:11 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Just take one room at a time. Make up bins, one for you, one for him, or one together and then make one for stuff you are unsure of. The stuff you are positive about, you can toss. Once you get the bin full, ask your hubby to help you go through it before tossing. At least give him a chance before throwing it away.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• toss it. If it was that freakin important he would have found a proper place to store it already!!!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I would go through and do my stuff, and household stuff. Get some storage crates and put all his stuff in them and put them away. I would be angry if my DH went through my stuff and just tossed it away
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:09 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'd start doing tossing stuff out, you're the woman of the house and you can fix it the way you want. If you toss something he loves he shud have helped you out to begin with
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Donate to your local homeless youth shelter they will need it.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 2:02 AM on May. 9, 2010

• donate what u think is junk or what u dont need. maybe he wont notice. he seems a bit lazy if he is sleeping when ever he can and will nvr get around to it. if it bothers u i think u will just hv to do it asit surely isnt bothering him! good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 9, 2010