What's the saying if your daughter..

gets pregnant then the babies yours and if your son is gonna be a daddy then the babies theirs...Another words if our daughters get pregnant then we will be closer to that baby and if our son's girlfriend/wife gets pregnant then the baby will be closer to her side of the family.

Not sure if any of you heard that before, but if so what is your experience with that? Any truth to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never heard of that, sorry.
    Anonymous

• my sister has a dd and they are much closer to her husbands side of the family. we are very close to my mom and his parents. dh's sister has a baby and she wont let the dad's parents see her, ever. it really just depends on the family. if you are worried about not being as close to your sons child maybe you should try to get closer to the baby's mother, make her feel comfortable in your family.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• not true for me. my husband's parents are very very close with my kids, especially my oldest. my parents are far closer with my sister's daughter than with my kids, but i think that's because she is a single mom and depends on them for childcare etc.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yeah thats what alot of people say. i know that my DF's family goes months at a time without seeing our son & they live 5 minuted down the road, but they have lots of issues with pot and things - theyre not the greatest of people anyway so i cant really judge on that. i know that i am just as close to my dads parents as i am to my moms parents, but my mom and my dads mom were also close too so really i think it depends on the women having the child when it comes to how close you will be to your sons kids. if you have a good relationship with her, you will probably be closer to the kid because i do agree that it is the womens baby. thats why i hope i like my sons wife because im going to be all over there kids.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Your son is your son until he takes a wife
    Your daughter is your daughter for the rest of your life.
    The only one I know. I remind my MIL everytime she pisses me off.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Never heard that before, but I am extremely close with my granddaughter! She is 18 months! Sooooo, maybe it is true! I only have the one gd. But then too, they still live with us, so maybe we wouldn't be so close if my dd had her own place.
    Anonymous

• I's have to say It is fairly true in my family. I am very close to my parents (they are 5 mins drive away) and they have had alot to do with our kids, but my in-laws not so much (5 hrs drive) -they didn't come to see our last baby til she was 5 months old. I wouldn't ring my MIL for advice, I'd ring my Mum. My brother and his wife are much closer to my SIL's family, they spend most holidays with them, live 5 mins away ( and 9 hrs from my parents) my SIL never calls my Mum for a chat or advice. It wasn't planned that way, it just happened.
    My MIL was married to a guy who was pretty obnoxious to our kids so we avoided him, now they've separated we see more of her.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:24 PM on May. 8, 2010

• umm...im closer to my moms side....my boyfriends family gets on my nerves sometimes...his mom anyways!!!
    Anonymous

• It makes sense. Babies usually end up with mom most of the time, so naturally, the mom's side of the family would be closer to the baby.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:33 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Not true in our family. I spend just as much time with my son's child as I do with my daughter's. I think that it depends on the relationship with your DIL
    Anonymous