How would i know???

I think my dd who is 4 weeks old maybe allergic to her formula, similac advance, how would i know? The reason why I think that she is allergic is because right after i feed her she screams for a hour or two.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 weeks old is very tiny, and a mother's intuition is almost always right. So, I'd contact your doctor and ask their advice on what to change your baby's formula too. They might want you to use one with less iron, or a soy based formula. Have you tried those Mylicon drops? If it is a gas problem, it should help. I used to put a warm hot water bottle on my baby's tummy when she would cry like that. She ended up having colic and it stopped after a while. Lots of things to try, hang in there, but give your doctor a call to be sure everything is ok.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:58 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I thought about getting those drops and trying them out. DD has a Dr.'s app saturday, ill talk to him then. Thanks for the advice. :)
    Anonymous

• my son has been on similac advance since he was born. i could be wrong so you should talk to your DR, but its probably just because its making her tummy hurt, its making her gassy. formula isnt that easy on there tummys. when my son was that young, his tummy hurt alot after he ate.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I had a problem kinda like that with my son. What it was was too many bubbles mixed in the formula giving him gas bubbles and pain. My doc recommended pre mixing his formula atleast 15 min before a feeding and letting it sit to let the bubbles from shaking go down. It actually stopped the bubbles and screaming.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

• How much are you giving in the bottle? At four weeks I would recommend giving only 2-3 ounces at a feeding and doing more frequent feedings if necessary. Honestly most babies have problems with formulas, they tend to grow out of them with time.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 7:11 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Your baby may be an early colic baby. I suggest getting 1 can of enfamil brand and see if after a day or two your baby stops. My daughter was on enfamil and when I started the Wic program I had to switch her to Similac.....and she had diarrhea for 10 days until I finally switched her back to enfamil....it was awful. Good luck!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 6:33 PM on May. 12, 2010