ovulation pain

how do you guys deal with it. last time i ovulated was june 26 of 08. i got pregnant and after i had ds i went on the depo shot. i had my depo shot for a whole year. last shot was dec 16, the shot ran out march 16. i got a normal period april 23 and of course am going to ovulate tomorrow. i have always been able to tell. ecept now the pain is so bad it hurts to walk at time. and its on both sides. i feel like my ovaries are going to explode. and i feel pressure down there. why is the pain so bad? is it cuz is the first time i ovulate in over a year. i usually only feel the pain on one side but today is both sides

piwife

Asked by piwife at 10:58 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Health

• Wow. I thought I had horrible cramps when I ovulate (18 hours of he**). I suggest asking your doctor/ob about it...if you're ttc then you really just have to deal with it til you conceive, but if you're not, I'd be going back on the depo or something to stop it.
    Anonymous

• ikt's cos the egg actually bursts through the ovary wall like a pimple or cyst bursts. So it can be painful. Take some paracetamol, have a hot bath, a hot water bottle, go for a good long walk, distract yourself somehow...
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:20 PM on May. 8, 2010

• if it is this painful, I would ask Dr to investigate for polycystic ovaries syndrome
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Mine is pretty painful. I do not have cysts or PCOS. I just have painful Mittelsmertz. My doctor has me on an antiinflammatory/painkiller (Vicoprofen) for ovulation if it gets too bad. Otherwise, I suck it up and take some motrin and take it easy. It's only my left ovary that does this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on May. 9, 2010