When did your DDs

get their period or start wearing bras? My oldest is going to be 12 and literally is a stick! She's about 5'2, maybe 80 or 90lbs, and no signs of getting her AF, but she has had some budding breasts? She knows all about periods and puberty, but she has been very hormonal. Do you think she'll get her AF soon? I had mine at 10, so I wonder if she's a late bloomer.

MommyJ0697

Asked by MommyJ0697 at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was 12ish, my cousin was 18! Everyone is different
    Anonymous

• I don't have a DD. But I was a B cup at 7 (second grade) that's when my mom started letting me wear a bra. And I started my period at 9 (4th grade)... I don't know if that helps you at all. But I knew a girl who didn't start her period til 8th grade, so it varies from girl to girl... If she is really that moody, it might be her body getting ready, if you're worried, take her to the doctor, but really I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 PM on May. 8, 2010

• my stick thin DD was 13 and 7 months, DD who is curvy has just turned 12 and started last week.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:12 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'm wondering if she's going to start soon because she is VERY moody and it's gotten to the point where she's disrespectful. I'm hoping it's soon so we can get her some help!
    MommyJ0697

Answer by MommyJ0697 at 11:15 PM on May. 8, 2010

• what's AF?
    Anonymous

• Aunt Flo
    I started at 11 my dd started at 13
    Anonymous

• Ok. Who is Aunt Flo?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I WAS 12
    Anonymous

• Not sure about the age, but that size makes no difference. I was 5 ft 2" and 93 lbs when I got pregnant with my first child. Ugh! I remember my biggest wish was to weigh 100 lbs when I graduated high school. I never made it! Now, I have made up for it!

Sorry, my mind is all over tonight. I am not meaning to hijack the post.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My DD just turned 11, is about 4' 2" and 60 pounds. She is just starting to bud. I don't think my DD will "start" for a couple years though. (at least I am hoping it will be a couple years!) I think I started around 13 yo. I was little just like she is. I don't think I got up to 100 pounds until 8th or 9th grade, and I'm 5'2" now at adult height.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:03 AM on May. 9, 2010