Meditation

I am in real need of getting back into meditation, but I can't seem to find the time or the space. Any suggestions on how to make this happen? Even some shorter meditations would be helpful... TIA

saphire_eyes802

Asked by saphire_eyes802 at 11:18 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I set my alarm 10-15 mins before I need to get the kids up... Toss a pillow on the floor and start my day that way... You don't need a special place or time, just a few minutes makes a huge difference.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:20 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Oh, I bought a CD called Short Meditations for Busy People - it's great... They are all guided and between 6 and 12 mins... Nice and short and really helped me set the routine and get started.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yoga <3
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:32 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I usually do mine right before bed. That's when everyone is in bed, the house is quiet, and I'm relaxed. I only take a few minutes usually, but it does wonders.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I get up a few minutes earlier than my boys and take 5-10 mins to just sit and breathe and focus on my breathing. Sometimes I light a candle and focus on that instead of my breathing.

Helps the day seem more centered.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:21 AM on May. 9, 2010

• When I am crunched for time I too combine yoga and my mediatation.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:39 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I do mine when I take a daily bath or shower.. which is always when my DD is still asleep. This not only gives me quiet but drowns out any other outside interuptions, such as the subpump kicking on, or whatever. Not only things, but the water works not only to relax my muscles, but to act as a visual and physical cleansing of my mind and soul. Thus cutting most of the prep work out of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:38 AM on May. 9, 2010

• as the water drains so does any negative energy.
    xxhazeldovexx

• This is my affirmation. I think it or speak it when I first wake up. "I am the goddess. I am the power. I am the magick."
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:15 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Try this:

About 10 mins after (or as soon as) you wake up get into position. Focus your eyes as though you are looking at a stereogram, then slowly close them... I do this method even in public (with my eyes open of course). I think its a quick and simple way to jump right into it. And you can do it anywhere.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:18 PM on May. 9, 2010