What do you get out of this?

Your people shall be volunteers in the day of your power;in the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of your youth. Psalm 110:3 -NKJV-
Blessings..
Volunteers in what way?

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 11:30 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Psalm 110 is a prophecy about Christ. The volunteers spoken of here seem to be those who choose to follow Christ. Hope this helps!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:43 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Context? Say, two or three verses on either side of this one? Interpretation means nothing without context.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:18 AM on May. 9, 2010

• ITA with Duckgirl. Read within context it is understood to be a Messianic prophecy.
    The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”2 The LORD shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies! 3 Your people shall be volunteers In the day of Your power; In the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth. 4The LORD has sworn
    And will not relent, “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”

Compare it to Acts 2:32-36; Hebrews 6:17-20; the entire of Hebrews 7.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:57 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Psalm 110 is a royal psalm. It is quite difficult because v.3 (the verse quoted by the Op) is totally obscure, and the psalm changes speakers often. In Christian interpretation, it is understood as a reference to Jesus, as a messianic and sometimes eschaltological psalm. In Judaism, this verse is believed to possibly refer to the king as the child of G-d. Some find in the dawn, Hebrew "shahar", a reference to the deity Shahar known from Ugarit and elsewhere, also the morning star (thus dawn).

JPS Jewish Study Bible

Anonymous

• I get nothing, but then the bible warns about changing the meaning of its words. Your personal interpretations of what this verse might mean are an altering of the words. It is saying something that is not in or around the verse itself. God has placed a threat on those who alter his words. And may I take this opportunity to say to you what you so often say to me when I quote bible verses--"You're taking it out of context!!" And that's a dangerous thing to do, if you do indeed take your religion seriously.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:54 AM on May. 10, 2010