31 weeks with my first questions for you experienced mommys some TMI

i read that someone said the baby dropped down what does that feel like? also i have always had discharge but in the last few days it has been a bit more liquidy at times and others its a bit more mucusy is their anything to worry about! and lastly when is the best time to quit working i am a waitress at a busy restaurant and ALWAYS on my feet? Thanks everyone!!

tanostyna

Asked by tanostyna at 11:40 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I WOULD CALL MY DOCTOR AND AS FOR WORK I WOULD QUIT WORK NOW. HOW ARE YOU LIFTING THOSE TRAYS? MY BACK WOULD BE HURTING.
    Anonymous

• I never "felt" anything when i dropped i just noticed the pressure against my ribs was relieved a little. Other my notice you are carrying the baby lower once you drop. Discharge is very normal i dont know anyone that went through pregnance with out having it. You should stop working once you feel like you need to. I worked up until i had my dd and at my job i walk ten to fifteen miles a night but i never had and problems or bad pain.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:50 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't feel any different after my babies have dropped. The discharge I have had was different all the time. As for quiting it depends on when you feel like quiting. I worked up until the day before I had my last 2. Baby sitting while pregnant with one and a phone job with the other.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My hips really began to hurt- my doctor told me it was bc my son had "dropped"
    I didnt have to work outside of the home during my pregnancy. Im sorry you have to- If you can afford to, Id quit now! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:59 PM on May. 8, 2010

• If you feel any different at all after the baby drops you will feel it in your hips and lower back, some do some don't. When my kids dropped I didn't feel it but I definitely saw a difference and could breathe a little better. The discharge shouldn't be a major cause for concern unless you start to feel like it's a yeast infection or is bloody, otherwise it's fairly normal. As always, if you are unsure about something, don't hesitate to ask your Dr, they expect that kind of thing!
    Chynasmom

Answer by Chynasmom at 12:19 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I actually didn't feel anything different after she dropped, everyone around me noticed before I did. I don't think anything really felt different about it other than maybe my hips would hurt more as I walked around and did normal things that bothered me.
    I had discharge, but I can't remember what it looked - sorry.
    and as for working, I worked two jobs..one was an office job, the other was in a grooming salon. I worked at the grooming salon until my manager got nervous about me working with big dogs and that was about 1.5 months before my due date..my office job, I worked until my due date, and had her two days later. the only reason why I wasn't at work two days after my due date was b/c I was off that day, or I would have been there then.
    You will know when you can't work anymore. My doctor had no problem with me working two jobs - and I was a high-risk pregnancy.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:25 AM on May. 9, 2010

• If you have a normal pregnancy being on your feet a lot will not kill you. I had 2 jobs up until my last week of pregnancy both required lots of standing and walking yes my feet hurt and were swollen but they were days i was home as well. Sitting around too much when pregnant actually causes much longer and worse labor. I saw the difference in my friends who sat home all day compared to us active pregnant mommas.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:14 AM on May. 9, 2010

• My discharge varied too sometimes thick sometimes thin i wasn't concerned until i saw my mucous plug it was gooey mixed with a hint of blood. 24 hours later exactly i went into full labor.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:16 AM on May. 9, 2010