For moms that know anything about miscarriages....

Is it possible to have one and not really be sure thats what it is?

Had some light spotting, a few hours of extreamly heavy bleeding, then back to light spotting for a day, now over.

Just wondering cause we've been trying to get me knocked up and haven't got there yet and I was nervous about this being a miscarriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Health

• It could be...

I had a miscarriage not long ago... it was painful as EVER. I needed potassium too, so I was in the hospital for a few hours with an IV and all, in and out of alertness.

It started out light day one. thought it was period... day two it was semi light got heavy. next day went light again, then clumps. then light... so I went out with friends that night thinking it was just a really weird cycle. This is day 4 or so, it was horrible. I could barely walk... bleeding through everything. it wouldn't stop. So I went to the ER.

I was shaking, my whole body. it was just not fun at all. I didn't know I was prego. So I wasn't so emotionally attatched luckily. but yeah it's risky.

SOME people can have a miscarriage at home with no trouble. Some however need some medical assistance. I personally did.

Good luck. I hope it's just natural spotting! Check out w/ a doc to be safe. : ) Or consult one if nothing else.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:43 AM on May. 9, 2010

• It's possible, go to the doctor and get checked out. If anything does not fully pass, can be EXTREMELY harmful to you (to the point of causing death - and none of us want that). Good Luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:01 AM on May. 9, 2010

• PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR THIS CAN MAKE YOU VERY SICK. THIS IS NOTHING TO PLAY AROUND WITH. I HAVE HAD 2 MIS.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:16 AM on May. 9, 2010

• You would have had more than just a few hours of heavy bleeding. Doesn't sound like one to me, but if you're worried call your doc/ob first thing Monday morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I had a missed miscarriage. I didn't even know the baby died at 9 weeks when I went in for an ultrasound at 11 weeks. If you fill more than 2 pads in an hour, you should always consult a doctor.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:10 AM on May. 9, 2010