When do you think it is best for a baby to begin getting more interaction with peers?

My Mom babysits my 12 month daughter at my home so my daughter has very little interaction with other children. She is a very social child and loves to be around other kids. I am considering having her go to a small daycare (8 kids) once a week in order to interact with other children.

NvrBoring

Asked by NvrBoring at 12:38 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can do some play dates. I think close to 18mos is a good age to start that interaction but 12mos is good to especially if she loves other kids.Just check the day care out good if you are considering that route and it would give you some me time as well. I had a friend that did this with her son so he could get use to other kids and being away from her for short spans of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I THINK IT IS GREAT GETTING THEM INTERACTING EARLY. MY DAUGHTER STARTED LIBRARY AT 14 MTHS OLD AND SHE LOVED IT. SHE IS NOW 2 AND IS GOING TO PRESCHOOL, WHICH PRESCHOOL DOES NOT START TO AGE 3. SHE WENT IN AS A LITTLE PERSON AND NOW COMING OUT TO BE A BIG GIRL, SHE LOVES IT AND WILL BE GOING THERE UNTIL PREk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 9, 2010