Why am I being such a bitch to my husband?

He is the most loving and caring person and helps me a lot, yet ever since we had our second baby 10 months ago I yell at him every time something is not my way. Is this depression, hormones, what is it? It gives me a pleasure to be mean to him, but 10 minutes later I feel sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• DAM GIRL GO GET U A DR PEPPER OR SOME THING AND CHILL ! ITS YOUR HORMONES SWEETY BECOUSE IM THE SAME WAY AND IM ON MEDS FOR IT KNOW ! ! L.O.L ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Maybe ur not getting enough attention from him, therefore you probably feel that you have to be mean toward him to get some attention. Calm down and think before you say something to him next time
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:04 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Why don't you just STOP? Before it becomes a habit.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:08 AM on May. 9, 2010

• You need to just breathe and if you feel guilty for doing it....think and don't do it next time. You are lucky your hubby is wonderful...just be greatful! Being a mom is stressful....don't take it out on him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Definately hormones. I got like this and sometimes I still do. Are you on birth control? Pills always make me bitchy, I tried them again after I had my last baby (11 months ago) and the bitch returned within a couple weeks, I'm trying nuvaring now. I did the IUD free of hormones for this purpose but I couldn't use it anymore. You may also feel like you don't get enough attention now with the baby around and you're upset with him. Get to the bottom of what might be making you feel like this and talk to him about it. If nothing else when this happened to a friend of mine her doctor prescribed her an antidepressant and it helped her a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on May. 9, 2010

• go see your ob and have him/her check a hormone level. its probably that and they can prescribe meds to help u get over the hump. it will help your hubby to know y u r so upset all the time too, as well as u of course. good luck. the second baby is always the most dificult to adjust too. u will feel better if u address the problem and get treatment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on May. 9, 2010

• If this is new you should definely go to your OB. In the meantime everytime you feel like being mean go lay down and relax until it passes.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:31 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I completely understand what you mean OP. I find myself doing the same thing. When I'm not with my husband I always think about how when he comes home from work I will make sure not to natter at him over stupid things that aren't being done but most times I end up doing just that. I love my husband with all my heart and he is pretty good on the scale of husband ratings lol.... Sometimes I have no clue why he puts up with my shit because if things were reversed I'd never stand for being treated that way. Our twins are 22 months old and the PPD I experienced after they were born is better but not gone.

It's a work in progress for us I guess.... Try to think before you say anything to him. Remember why you fell in love with him. I'm going to do the same. Just making an effort is a step in the right direction!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:39 AM on May. 10, 2010

• So just an update I've bee doing a lot better and a lot less bitchy my ob recommended prenatal yoga since exercise is the way I deal with my stress when im not pregnant and everyone has been a lot happier around he im lucky to have a husband who stands by me through tough times
    Mrsamandagibson

Answer by Mrsamandagibson at 12:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2014