Pretty sure

I am pregnant, but I work in freight... I haven't made it to the 3 month trial period yet, I am afraid to lose my job. Is it dangerous to work when your pregnant? I did secretary work in my first pregnancy nothing strenuous. So...any feedback?

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:09 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's dangerous to work in certain fields while pregnant: like stuff on the show "Dirty Jobs" or bomb squad work.

It is safe to lift reasonable amounts of weight in your 1st and 2nd trimesters if you are otherwise healthy. In your 3rd trimester your health care provider will start to monitor you more closely. In the extremely unlikely event that you have any health issues that come up, your health care provider can help you request to be moved to a different department after your 90 day period is up.

I'm 37 weeks. Yesterday I set up a tradeshow tent, carried boxes, walked about 8 miles in the sun, and chased children in a parade. Your body will tell you when it's time to rest. Stay hydrated. Eat real food. Many women get tougher and stronger while pregnant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:19 AM on May. 9, 2010

• My grandmother worked on the field(digging, tilling etc) until it was time to push the baby out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 9, 2010