Imitation crab salad??

anyone know a good recipe?

lendales_mommi

Asked by lendales_mommi at 2:56 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Mock tuna is the closest that I have:

I mash up 1.5 cups or 1 can of garbanzos (if using canned, drained and rinsed) and a couple of hard boiled eggs. Plop in some mayonaise or veganaise and stir, and then add small bits of sushi nori (I have also used paper punches so we had cats, dogs and dragonflies once, too). Not too much as the flavor can overpower the salad after it sits for a while; I'd say maybe 1/8 or less of one of the little perforated strips (not the whole sheet, you can see some of the lines on it, on the shiny side I think - its one of those
    rows). Probably works out to about 1tsp or so (to taste). Add some chopped celery and onion; salt and pepper to taste.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Imitation crab, celery, mayo, tarragon, thyme, and a little cajun seasoning.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:38 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I do the same as ecodani but I use onion not celery and never added the Cajun spice but that sounds awesome!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:05 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I just eat the crabmeat out of the package!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on May. 9, 2010

• OP HERE: Thanks for your ideas.The crab i bought was dry and couldn't eat it regular like I like to do too!!! I decided noodles,red and yellow peppers,crab. onions and celery wish i had some olives though oh yea i used mayo and miricle whip to sweeten it up!!It was a big hit.Cajun season and lots of pepper.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 12:16 AM on May. 10, 2010