Can you have sex...

after being diagnosed as strep b positive late in pregnancy? I know you shouldn't have pelvic exams, but can sex push bacteria up there...or just something that actually TOUCHES the cervix? My practitioner didn't say and I didn't think to ask last week.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 3:01 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I tested positive for Group B with my first and was never told to refrain from sex. They will give you antibiotics during labor to help prevent it from transferring to the baby (although the chances of that happening even without antibiotics is only about 1%)
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:25 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Yeah, I'm GSB positive too and was never told I had to refrain from sex. The only times you are told to not have sex is if your water has broken, or if you have a very high risk for premature labor.
    Anonymous