Who has had CPS (child protective services) called on them falsely?

I am currently going through this because someone I guess who has a problem with me decided to called them and say they witnessed me beating my son. Who has been through this? What is it like? I am so freaking scared!!!! I do not want to lose my kids.

joannapelaez

Asked by joannapelaez at 7:51 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My ex did this when I started dating a new guy and he was NOT happy about it. She called me, scheduled a time to meet me at the house and then asked me a bunch of questions (some were the same just re-worded) the woman was very nice..then told me she had already visited my daughter at school and told me how great she was and she didn't see any truth in his claims and she did a quick half hearted walk through of the house. She took her findings to her boss, the case was closed all parties involved got letters stating so and on the letter it tells what you can do if you want to pursue false claims. And in a year or two (I can't remember) it's completely wiped. I think it's a year that they keep the file. So don't worry and GL with everything (and to be honest I was so nervous when the woman came my hands were shaking).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 9, 2010

• if you are doing nothing wrong then dont worry. my bil went through this. once they see that your children have no signs of abuse they will drop it. my bils case was dropped because no signs of abuse. i hope it works out for you!!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 8:48 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Go down to your local police station and file what they call a false reporting form. If you know who reported you this forces them into the light. I almost had to file one against my mom. Just clean your house let them in.It only takes about 30 minutes they talk to you and let you know whats going on. GL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:43 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I did. Our kids used to go to bed late, and sleep in late....and someone called cps on me saying my kids stay in bed all morning in soggy diapers, and aren't fed. They came here, and saw that neither of my kids had diaper rashed, nor were they mal-nourished....instead they were quite happy and healthy...and they closed the case...if you're truly not doing anything wrong...they'll know....but however, if there is ANYTHING at all going on...cps will find it.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 11:43 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Why would you think you might lose your kids? You sound guilty.
    Anonymous

• thank you, yea i just have to keep a cool clear head i guess. I have just heard so many stories........ lol i hope my cps person is nice.
    joannapelaez

Answer by joannapelaez at 5:52 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Just had this happen to us! They come and ask you questions and really they have been doing this for long enough to know when a child is really in danger. They will know you are not guilty of anything. But ask them questions, ask when the call was made and where this person supposedly saw you beating your son. Odds are the call will sound fishy anyway and you can prove it's a bunch of BS. Just remember you have the rights here and should get all the info from them about the call and legally you don't even have to let them into your house without a warrent (if you have nothing to hide I would let them in), remember that!
    Anonymous

• You have to remember each state is different in what they consider abuse and what they don't. Each worker is different too. If your son has no bruises on him they lack evidence. In most states you can hit your child as long as you don't leave a bruise it isn't abuse. To see your state guidelines you can go to www.childwelfare.gov
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:36 PM on May. 9, 2010

• My ex called them on me, and then a year later after I married my husband he (my ex) called them on him (my husband). If you've done nothing wrong, there's nothing to worry about. They had to investigate, but it was no big deal - just a hassle at the time.

Answer by missanc at 8:14 PM on May. 9, 2010

• You know what....before I joined Cafe Mom and read these posts, I had never even heard of CPS. I have no friends or relatives who know about CPS or would accuse anyone in the famly or their friends of child abuse. I am really thankful we are living in a whole different world.
    Anyone who would lie and report an innocent parent to CPS needs to be punished and have their sanity evaluated. Really. They must be criminals or borderline crazy. Normal people don't do THAT ---lie to CPS---. Its disgusting and frightening.
    Anonymous