am i really having a miscarriage?

Hi! I conceived on either April 15th or 18th. On May 20th I had one spot (light pink). The next day I went to the doctor to make sure everything was okay. We did an ultrasound and nothing was seen. He told me it was not a viable pregnancy because the would have seen the lungs. Meanwhile, I haven't had anymore bleeding although have had some cramping. What is going on? How could he know i was miscarrying without a blood test? (btw this will be my 3rd miscarriage)

jadeyvonne

Asked by jadeyvonne at 10:40 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• uh, it's only may 9th people. this post doesn't make sense.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 12:56 PM on May. 9, 2010

• How could the baby have lungs at 6ish weeks? I can't remember when they develope. What did he say about the heartbeat?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:44 AM on May. 9, 2010

• There was no heartbeat. there was nothing.
    jadeyvonne

Answer by jadeyvonne at 10:54 AM on May. 9, 2010

• do you think they would've definitely seen something between 5-6 weeks?
    jadeyvonne

Answer by jadeyvonne at 11:02 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I would ask for a blood draw to measure your HCG (it should double every 2-3 days) and for a repeat ultrasound. If you conceived on 04/15 or 04/18, you're not even 4 weeks pregnant yet and it's very possible that nothing was visible by ultrasound. Around 5-6 weeks you should be able to see a growing sac, and maybe a heartbeat. If doc thought he was going to see lungs at 2-3 weeks, I would suggest finding a new doc.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:30 AM on May. 9, 2010

• It was way too early to see anything. Keep living like you're pregnant - take it easy! See what happens over the next few weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 9, 2010

• that's what i was thinking. i definitely need to find a new doctor. it's just a waiting game at this point. so frustrating!
    jadeyvonne

Answer by jadeyvonne at 11:38 AM on May. 9, 2010

• i made a mistake with my post, it's not even may 20th yet. i spotted on May 6th
    jadeyvonne

Answer by jadeyvonne at 11:45 AM on May. 9, 2010