should i really feel this way or am i being too sensitive?

yesterday was my bday & it sucked....my dh was gonna take me out for my bday but mom wouldn't keep the kids for me, also mom forgot to get me something (not a big deal but a card would've been nice), and i know this is silly but my mom didn't buy me or make me a cake & she has every year but this one..i'm not mad at her just a little hurt oh & my dad forgot my bday until mom told me "happy bday" i was like wth? after 27 years you'd think he'd remember oh and my dh and i were gonna get a movie on pay per view since we had the kids but he thought he's play the ps3 instead and ignore me...my bday was crappy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Yesterday was my birthday as well, and I can't help but thinking you are probably at a surprise party, right now. Planning one for someone can be so stressful and sometimes results in circumstances like your in........ what ever happens... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 2:16 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Sounds like a mommy version of Sixteen Candles :( Sorry for a crappy birthday....
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:34 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I'd tell them politely how they made u feel
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 11:57 AM on May. 9, 2010

• My parents barely ever even acknowledged my birthday even when I was growing and never after the age of 16 until they died. I never expect anything for my birthday and if something happens I am pleasantly surprised. I honestly don't care if anyone says anything when it's my birthday. But I do make sure to acknowledge my kids!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:34 PM on May. 9, 2010

• my dad didnt know my bday. it never bothered me. sorry you had a crappy birthday, maybe mother's day will be better!
    Anonymous

• You're not being too sensitive. I would let them know that your feelings are hurt. We always have a cake for each other's birthday in our family. My dad is very forgetful as it is. He always loses his keys and glasses and forgets important dates. He thinks my bday is July 8th but it's the 6th! lol Because I know he is forgetful it doesn't bother me. My mother however aslways makes sure our bdays are special every year and I will be 32.
    Anonymous

• My parents have forgotten my birthday every year since I was 28 and I'm about to turn 34. Most birthdays my husband grabs me something from Walmart on his drive home from work (on the day of my birthday).

I'm really with the anon that talks about it all not being a big deal. It's really narcisitic to want a whole day to revolve around you because your mom gave birth to you that day. Sone countries celebrate the mother on birthdays instead of the person whose birthday it is.

I think you're being too sensitive and immature. I think if you had a more grateful and appreciative spirit that your husband would have done something special for your birthday. But instead you have a pouty, selfish attitude so he figures why bother.
    Anonymous

• when your mom couldnt watch the kids y didnt u get a babysitter so u could go out. its not air to expect gma to always babysit . u can get a baby sitter so u can do whatewver.
    Anonymous