Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, So i am 19 years old and pregnant. What do i do?!

My father was in the military so I'm on his insurance until I'm 21. But my son is not, I found out yesterday that they will not circumcise my son!! But they will not let me go to another hospital to give birth. What do i do??


Asked by YoungMom0803 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • go to the state office and fill out medicare paperwork - i didnt have insurance because i found out i was pregnant before my husband put me on his insurance (prior conditions dont apply!)
    they paid for everything up to 4 months after my little girl was born - doc visits, hospital stay, - you can even sign up for WIC where you get food for your baby after she is born and food to feed you while you are pregnant.


    Answer by vakatia at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

  • Do circumcision research before you decide that's the deal breaker. There's no need for it. Many of the things you are hearing for why you SHOULD do it are myths. Also, check out your local state aid office. They can help you get your son some public insurance.


    Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

  • Circumcision being needed or not is AN OPINION. My step son wasn't circumcised adn he would always get infections no matter how much they tried to keep it clean. He now has to have test done to make sure his kidney that stopped growing b/c of the infections, is going to work at all anymore. He is 6 now.

    I personally, feel its more sanitary and less imbarassing for him not that they finally got it done. He has not had an infection since he has had the circumsision at 3. I would file for Medicaid for help, or get a job to pay for it all.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2008