Is bald really beautiful? Everywhere? Really?

They say bald is beautiful? I've always had the gift of beautiful long flowing hair. And have had compliments on it on days I just wanted to cut it! You know bad hair days! But due to health issues and Chemo. I'm getting Bald everywhere! (Sorry if TMI.). I know girls like being bald everywhere. I need some encouraging words and the benefit of it! Thank you for your caring advice and any replies. Your kind favor to reply is appreciated.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:20 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I think on some men (and women, too) bald can be beautiful. I think it depends on bone structure, etc. I'm sorry you're dealing with chemo and I hope that your illness and your baldness are temporary conditions. This may sound weird, but I have several Muslim friends who wear hijab (head scarf) that covers all their hair and I think they are beautiful women.

Not sure this will make you feel better or not, but my mom just told me that when women go through menopause they lose most of their body hair (except on their faces)!
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 12:29 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Pretty hair is nice and pleasing just as clothing, jewelry, shoes and other accessories. True beauty comes from the kind of person you are and no adornment given or taken away can change that. Know you are a caring, giving, loving woman who is loved by family and admired by your friends.

Linda, you have a sweet spirit. You encourage others even as you face many difficulties. We haven't met but I would say the people who know you in real life are attracted to you because you make them feel better. You find the fun and appreciate the good. Even during these tough times.

Take heart and know that other moms have been where you are now and they have recovered their health and strength. A year from today this will be a memory of yet another challenge you faced and you were triumphant.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 12:36 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I can't blame mine on chemo. I blame mine on genetics. I'm not bald everywhere but if the top of my head gets much balder people will think i"m a lightbulb! My mom had chemo and her hair fell out. She was mortified but knew she couldn't stop it. I bought her a bejeweled baseball cap and she loved it. Then she would take it off while talking to people just to get a laugh. She was a hoot! I've never seen a bald person that wasn't beautiful. There is something about once they make peace with their situation they can relax and enjoy being themselves. Their inner beauty seems to penetrate the skin and the world sees them as the wonderful person they are. Now that is beautiful. Love yourself. Accept yourself as is inside and out. Let us all appreciate you for who you are not how much hair you do or don't have. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i used to work at a cancer center and saw alot of women go through what you're going through now....have you looked for wigs and maybe drawing your eyebrows on and get some fake lashes for now? gl i hope you don't have too much more chemo to go through *hugs*
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Bald is beautiful...more so on you beautiful xoxo
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:13 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Bald is beautiful. And with going through Chemo you know that it is temporary. You will have the long flowing hair again. Take it one day at a time. You'll get through this and the beauty is from within, it's not your hair that defines you and your elegance, grace and beauty.
    kland459

Answer by kland459 at 11:22 PM on May. 9, 2010