How do you decorate the outside of your house to Support Our Troops?

I want to start decorating my home to Support Our Troops. My husband is currently deployed and the outside of my home looks so neglected. That would give me motivation to keep my yard clean. I thought it would be nice to see some kind of decoration on my home when I pull up to make the days not seem so long.

aebrown

Asked by aebrown at 12:44 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. I support them, but that is the job they have chosen to do. Do you have one for every other person that has a full time job? I understand why some people feel the need to do it, if they have a loved on in the service. But, we are at war, several of them actually. If your outside is neglected, get out there and clean it up, unless you have a disability of course. Mow your grass and love your family.
    Anonymous

• I was asking in GENERAL how people decorate their yard...You know YELLOW RIBBONS????? Ok, I see now, you are good about making a comment, but you can't seem to back it up because you checked anonymous!! COWARD!!! You are so callous and I'd like to know if you have actually been in my situation..you know I wonder if you have the wrong freakin post? NOWHERE did I ask for your support, nor does my husband? You can go to hell...I was just looking for a simple crafty answer, but I got some stupid INSENSITIVE PERSON and YES I won't be checking my ANONYMOUS BOX!!!!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 1:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Hey momma happy mothers day first second you can get some planters and put some red white and blue flowers in them you can put up a flag or paint a sign and say proud military family here.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Thanks Pink Dragon...I'm trying to have a good day..but some people like to be difficult. Ok, that sounds really nice. Thank you for your positive input! We will have to try it!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 1:27 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I don't decorate my yard to Support the Troops because I have no family members in the military. I have friends and I do pray for them every day, but I don't put up a yellow ribbon, I don't personally fly a US flag because I can't do it properly here.
    I do keep my lawn mowed and trimmed and have gardens and flowers and hanging baskets in my front and back yards.
    I live in an area with LOTS of marines and bases so the big thing around is to see the Blue Star flag hanging either on the front door or in a window on the front of the house.
    Thank your husband for what he does and I'll make sure I add him to my prayers if that's okay.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:41 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Get a banner- they make some that say something in regards to being a military family. These work nicely because you can change them around if you wish during the different seasons. :-) But, flying a flag is one of the best ways to show your support.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:38 PM on May. 9, 2010

• We live an apartment so I can't do much without permission. I had an american flag hanging by my door but the manager asked me to take it down because somebody complained. I guess someone complained that they had their country flag hanging so they had to take it down now the manager said no flags will be hung just to respect peoples feelings. She said the only day I'm allowed to fly it is this Saturday and July 4th. Makes me sick. They live here in America in a military town but they don't want to look at the American flag. I think I know who it is because I remember where the flag was hung. Makes me want to go knock on their door and tell them I have every right to fly it because my husband is fighting for the country they are living in and they need to just deal with it. (I think it was an Iran flag they had up can't be sure though, hubby said it was Iran)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on May. 9, 2010

• We don't have any flags at our house, but I would like to find a yellow ribbon to put on the tree. My Mom has a flag pole and I want to get an Army flag to fly below the American flag--since my brother and I were both in the Army.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 4:13 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think the idea of red white and blue flowers sounds pretty. I would love to put a flag pole in my yard, and if we buy this house we will. It would be so pretty to have red white and blue flower bordering the flag pole.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 4:45 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I don't.
    Anonymous