My son is plaing with his penis in front of other kids!!!

Just found out my 3 yr son told his friend he wanted him to pull his pants down and play with his "pee pee" in front of him. Our friends mssg'd us and let us know and i think they are freaked now!! I think its cause my mil caught him playing with himself and told him not and made a fuss. what do i do now????

Denversmommy

Asked by Denversmommy at 12:50 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Such normal behavior. They also think at this age that all bodily functions are hillarious. Play it down, talk to him about what is appropriate behavior. The less attention he gets the less fun it will be.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:52 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I would first calm down....because I am not a professional on this but if it were my son, I'd remember that he is THREE and doesnt completely understand!!!! Second, I would not blame this on your MIL.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I had to explain to my 4yr old that his penis is a very special secret. I told him it is only to be shared with his wife when he is grown. He seemed to understand the concept of secrets and so far i haven't had any more reports of the "4 year old Flasher"
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 12:56 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I'd ask his Dr. how to handle it.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:14 PM on May. 9, 2010