TMI and gross but suggestions plz??? (and this is not about girly stuff)

I am on some meds that make me sick when taking them and today they are killing me (it's metformin) and I keep burping and it tastes and smells like old rotten eggs and my tummy is super upset. I took soome pepto and it helped the bathroom issues but the burping is making me sicker. What can I do to try and get it to calm down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Health

• try gingerale....make sure u eat with meds
    maybe call ur doc? idk
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:17 PM on May. 9, 2010

• yeah, I made sure I ate a half hour before taking my meds. That's what i was told to do and never realy had issues before but today, ugh. I will try ginger ale though, thanks.
    Anonymous

• Contact your doctor. Some people don't do well on it. Are you on it for fertility or diabetes?
    Anonymous

• Try a alka sulter ( spelled it the best way I could) but u put it in water its 2, round, and white. They will help settle your stomach.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:14 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I will try alka seltzer! Thanks!

And I am on it for my PCOS so for fertility and high risk of insulin resistence and hormonal balance. I've taken it before and even this same does but was off for a month and started back and it's kicking my butt like never before! UGH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 10, 2010