How do you get a 18 month old to keep her pamper on????

My 18 month old, always takes her pamper off and wont keep it on, i want to potty train her, but her dad is not behind me when it come to potty training her..should i try and potty train her anyways? if not are there any ideas on how to get her to keep her pamper on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• type to use a pull up or undies
    PTBAAMom

Answer by PTBAAMom at 2:13 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Duct tape.
    Anonymous

• put a onsie on her
    Anonymous

• Onesies & rompers. My DD only wore 1 piece outfits during that phase. There is no other way to get them to stop taking it off. JCPenney sells rompers that are cute, comfortable, and very affordable.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:32 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Why is dad not on board? Do you live together? It is important to have everyone who is with her on board for potty training, but maybe he could be convinced? Is your daughter showing interest in the potty? Both my girls trained around that age and I was really glad we went with it... But I don't know anyone who has been successful when there have been people not supportive of it who were also caring for her. Throwing on a diaper in a moment of frustration can set back weeks of potty efforts. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:18 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Bump above on the onsies, rompers, overalls etc. - also lyer up then down, so diaper, then a short sleeved onsie, then a pair of overalls on top, houdini would have trouble with that!
    As far as potty training.. it isn't about you wanting to train her, it is about her wanting to train. At 18months if she is showing no signs of being aware of peeing or pooping then she isn't ready even if you are. And if her Daddy isn't going to be onboard, you are going to have a big job ahead. Unless she is desperate to train, just leave it for a few months, until everyone, Daddy included is ready.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:04 PM on May. 9, 2010

• dd is showing signs that she is ready to be potty trained when she has to pee, she pats her bum and says pot!
    Anonymous

• will my love, i had the same prob.with 3 of my girl's when thay was about 15 months old or so. and i had to go out and buy some full peice suit's that dose up in the back .so she could not undo it her self . hope this helps you out a bit ..
    dellmom

Answer by dellmom at 9:57 PM on May. 10, 2010