Why are you so upset about NOT having money spent on you??

I keep reading posts about women upset that they didn't get this, or that for mothers day... WHY? WHY are you so upset?
Did your children wish you a happy mothers day?
Did your dh/bf/so give you a hug or kiss this morning?
If you can answer YES to either of those things... Then STOP WHINING.

I woke up this morning to screaming kids, who only got louder. To home improvement/repair projects. To being creeped out by the prospect of my psycho ex-husband showing up... THEN had to make breakfast, clean house, etc. etc. etc.... Not a single word from anyone, no thanks. SO in bed, exhausted by the work week he's had...

You people don't know how good you have it, just to get a hug from the kids. Not everyone's mothers day is filled with unicorns $#itting rainbows. Why can't you be happy with what you have? How does getting useless gifts make a day any better when a hug will do??? *shakes head*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Happy mothers Day to you and I am sorry yours sucked. mine did to and hurts! who knows maybe next year it will be better
    ms_mommy_sue

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 8:13 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Happy Mothers Day!!! lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I agree. I hope your family has something special planned for you .. Happy Mother's Day.
    I got photo albums, but I would have been just as happy to get nothing as long as I had my daughter with me ... She's the best ever.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I totally agree,with you! my day has been pretty simular to yours...i got work up by a crying baby 7 am,, got up got breakfast, done housework....only for my dh to sleep in like he do every other morning
    i never got no hug or kiss or anything today from my hubby.
    and my dd is to young to understand what mothers day is about yet..
    But i love my life and i would not trade it for anything!
    Have a great mothers day!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 2:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• So... if you are angry at people whining, why did you feel the need to jump on the pity me bandwagon?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:35 PM on May. 9, 2010

• At least you live with your own kids, mine are grown and moved out...both live states away from me and so far neither of them have called. DH was suppose to be home from work this morning about 4am..it's now 1:30 my time....still nothing!! I'm scared to death he fell asleep driving home, we don't have a cell, so I can't call him.
    I'm here with his two boys, they are 4 & 5, driving my nuts. We called their mom to wish her a happy mother's day, but they're too little to think of telling me. Which I guess is fine....since they aren't really my kids anyway.
    Tell me this, if anyone can....how do you feel like a mom when you've tried your whole life and you still feel like the babysitter??
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:37 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I hear ya! I woke up this morning thinking about the Mother's Day that my ex flipped out and started a fight about me going to have lunch with my Mom. I was pregnant. He threw things at me. Tossed the microwave into the glass kitchen table, and after I was able to get out of the house, he broke a bunch of other stuff!! My Mom is gone now, and I am free of him... but it makes me sad to think of all the Mother's days that he F'd up for me! I'm just glad to have a safe, stable, and happy home now. Mother's Day, is my lazy day now. I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone else today, and that is gift enough to me!!

happy mothers day2

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:39 PM on May. 9, 2010

• the only reason why i get upset is because my husband expects something for Fathers Day but he has never got be a present for Mothers Day. If I don't get him one he'll just guilt trip me and go out and guy he's own fathers day present. Just like he thinks its okay to get his mom a present on this day but he gives me a hard time when i want to get my mom something on this day. My husband is an ass. So this year I'll be buying my own present, after all I'm the sole care giver my husband does nothing for our kids but bring money in the home. he doesnt even play with them. so why should he get a gift?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:47 PM on May. 9, 2010

• In my opinion women have a reason to be upset, especially if the couple has small children. Too me if a husband does not get even a simple card for his wife tells me he disrespects her and is not thankful for what she does for their family.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:47 PM on May. 9, 2010

• *buy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on May. 9, 2010