Do you ever feel this way?

Even though you are married, do you ever feel like your single? What I mean is do you ever feel like, at times, you are in a relationship by yourself, because your partner doesn't seem to be involved. You try to engage with him in conversations and play and what ever else and he is just non responsive and is ONLY responsive when it is convienent for him. What do you do, when it seems like this is how the majority of your relationship is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I am married 16 years and we have two sons and yes, I feel this way. But I still love him and we have our times. No relationship is perfect. He's a good husband and father. Nothing major bad about him so I am Happy.
    Anonymous

• Yes which is why I am happier single now!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Thats how my marriage is to a T. I'm just deal with it now. I tried saving my marriage, I tried everything you can think off but my husband is to self-centered and only cares about what he wants when he wants it. I've given up. While he's deployed this summer, I'm getting a job and saving all my money so I have something to land on. He knows I'm leaving, it's no secret. He wants to me tostay but he hasn't proven he loves me or wants me to stay. Just says please stay. No I'm sorry, nothing. Till he proves he loves me and wants our relationship to work my plans are still to leave.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:04 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Yep, I feel this way alot, unfortunately. We were even separated for 16 months and just got back together in jan....and it has slowly fallen back apart. He said he had changed and really demonstrated it for awhile but slowly piece by piece, has shown me it was all just an act. Pretty much every day, I think that I might be happier if I were living without him again. :( I'm happier when I don't feel taken advantage of.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that is why i am in college and going to Japan with my own business.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:05 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Yes all the time
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:44 AM on May. 10, 2010