Does anyone elses husband just ignore the fact that it is Mother's Day???

I am so annoyed with my husband. We have a 6 year old and an almost 2 year old and he doesn't do anything for mothers day. At best I might get some left over flowers tonight from the grocery store across the street. I put so much thought into his Father's Day presents but he doesn't even think about me. I even hinted that he should take the girls to the store so they could pick out something but he didn't even do that. Now he has a friend over visiting while I am cleaning the house and making a list for the grocery store. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Marriage counselors and psychologists say that it is hardwired into a man's brain that they want to please and provide for their woman. If they stop making an effort on holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. it is their way of communicating they are not happy with you. Maybe it's time to take a long hard look at the type of wife you've been. If you've been loving and attentive to your DH then I doubt you'd be making this post right now

seriously? where do you people come up with this stuff? not once in any of my psychology classes did this type of BS come up...some men dont see the importance of these kind of holidays...its not that they dont care or dont appreciate the "moms" in their lives...some men just believe its just another day. and besides you dont sh*t about the OP or her relationship, so b4 you start making accusations get the facts...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:30 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Marriage counselors and psychologists say that it is hardwired into a man's brain that they want to please and provide for their woman. If they stop making an effort on holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. it is their way of communicating they are not happy with you. Maybe it's time to take a long hard look at the type of wife you've been. If you've been loving and attentive to your DH then I doubt you'd be making this post right now.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Laura says Mother's Day and Valentine's Day aren't as big of a deal to men as they are to women. Most husbands feels they make an effort daily to help their wives around the house (which usually gets criticized because it wasn't done right) and to show their affection (which usually gets rejected because the wife doesn't want sex). Many husbands think it's insincere to give gifts on these holidays and feel they are being more loving and caring by providing for you and loving you on a daily basis.

If you want gifts on holidays, be more thankful for the things you man does every day. That will make him more willing to be thoughtful on special occasions.
    Anonymous

• Oh hun my SO slept in til 2 today while I have been up since the morning watching our son. I thought since it was mothers day I should have been the one in bed :[
    kittenkat10

Answer by kittenkat10 at 3:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Nope. My husband goes out of his way to spoil me on every major day. He rocks ;-)
    Anonymous

• My step dad only believes in Mothers Day for his mother. If you ask him what he is getting my mom he will say "Nothing, she is not my mother". After he realizes that she is the mother of his child, he will get a card. It's all about how he grew up and his Mother always told him that Mothers Day was only for her. It hurts my moms feelings, she appreciates the card but what she really wants is him to acknowledge her on this date & let her know he appreciates all she does.
    Maybe that could be it? Maybe he only considers this holiday worth celebrating for his own Mother and that your children should celebrate it for you.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:51 PM on May. 9, 2010

• YUP! Mine has yet to say Happy Mother's day. Same thing happened on my birthday. He didn't say a word to me till I reminded him it was my birthday and that was late in the day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on May. 9, 2010

• mine forgot til his mom called to tell me happy mothers day. it's not a big deal. i think it's just the way men are. he has to work today anyway.
    Anonymous

• like an ANON person posted a question a couple of hours ago, that dont go so haywire if u wernt given an expensive/inexpensive/creative gift on mothers day !! i mean so what if ure hubby didnt do anything ?? ure kids got to make homemade cards at skool right? isnt that enough ? ure not ure DH's mom that ure taking this day too literally. and besides.. i just wish my mom on mothers day. and she's more than happy with that. apart from this ''special day'' i take care of my mom. i take care of her every single day i spend with her. meaning whenever i visit her. so mothers day is not for one day for me. ure suppose to celebrate it everyday throughout the year. and there are anniversaries and birthdays to get presents.
    Anonymous

• Yep, my husband even said he was getting me something and then he said when he went to get it, he couldn't. Honestly, I don't even want a gift from him. A simple card and a "Happy Mother's Day" would have been fantastic. But he couldn't even remember to tell me :( It hurts. Like you said, I put alot of effort into Father's day yet I get nothing in return. He is in the living room playing video games now while I just finished up the dishes. :'( I feel your pain.
    Anonymous