How much breakthrough bleeding is normal?

I'm having a flow like a period. and I had my son 11 weeks ago. I'm in the 3rd week of the first pack. If it makes any difference to your answer, the day I started the pill, what I thought was my period stopped that same day and returned a week later, heavier and hasn't stopped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Health

• Hopefully you will not be like me...i tried hormonal birth control for 18 months after I had my girl and spotted the whole time...since hormones change after a pregnancy, there is a chance that the hormones in the pill will not react well with your new hormones. I eventually quit taking them and now use natrual family planning due to it. keep in mind that it takes up to 3 months for your body to regulate to birth control. if, after that time, you are still experiencing break thru bleeding, you might want to try a different type.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 PM on May. 9, 2010