seriously not trying to bash!

I'm really serious about wanting to know if someone could lead me to scripture that leads anyone to believe there will be a prophet or prophetess after the Messiah Yahshua. I see many branches of faith that follow "called" people in their faith, and feel that maybe I am missing something that explains there will be a prophet leading the people after the Messiah. Is it the prediction of Elijah? Please do not think I am trying to bash I take my faith seriously. Blessings..Please no bashing!

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 4:38 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As for the Elijah Message, it has always been a call to repentance and a return to true worship of the One True God. It is preached boldly in preparation for the return of our Lord. John preached the message in preparation for the people's acceptance of the Messiah's first advent, the church will preach the Elijah message before the second advent. The final call of repentance, return to true worship, and a warning of God's judgment which is the heart and soul of the Elijah message is found in Rev. 14:6-7:

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. "

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:45 PM on May. 9, 2010

• read the quran, in it explains prophethood after the messiah
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't have to read another book that explains it. It's either clearly in the Word of God AKA the Bible or it's not. IMO, it's NOT.
    Anonymous

• I found this sight I really like that speaks abut flase prophets and how to tell them from real prophets:

http://biblelight.net/false-prophets.htm

I know Muslims use these verses to validate Muhammad:

Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18: "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

AND   "Behold I have put my words in your mouth".  Jeremiah 1.9

BUT there are ways to disprove what they believe those verses to mean and it can be found here as well as many other sites:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/muhammad.html

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:19 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I am trying to figure out the same thing on another forum haha... I took that one question someone posted about John being asked if he was the Christ then Elijah then the Prophet and posted it there ( a wider audience all christian forum)
    At first glance it looks like three different people but it depends on what the Jewish Leaders believed in that day. One person said the word Christ was not in use back then ( well true ) and The know about the prophecies concerning Elijah and I am not sure they thought or knew Jesus as a prophet back then... I guess it would help to know what the translation process was for that particular passage and relate it to the Duet passage.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:41 PM on May. 9, 2010

• There were obviously prophets (and prophetesses) after the Lord's ascension. Acts 2:16-18-

16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

(in fulfilment of Joel 2:28-31)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:34 PM on May. 9, 2010

• ...and Rev. 14:8-11 contains the warning of the judgment--

8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:47 PM on May. 9, 2010

• And verse 12 explains who the 144,000 at the end of time are---

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

The ones who will faithfully keep God's commandments and the faith (even unto death!) of Jesus will be the final Elijah sent to make the final call of a return to pure worship.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:54 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Thank you everyone for the input and scripture. Blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:55 PM on May. 9, 2010