Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help identifying rug type

I'm looking for a certain kind of rug for our nursery and I want a shag type rug, but the pile almost looks like macaroni is so big and wide, though its longer than macaroni. It also doesn't fray out at the top. It has a spongey feel because of how thick it is and I actually just saw this at Lowes in a color I don't want but of course its not online and I don't know what to search to even find an image. Can anyone tell me what this style would be labeled as? I know that some places are calling shag frieze (sp) but everything I've seen in that style is long, but still way too thin.

Answer Question

Asked by mrs_pulley at 5:23 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 8 (251 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I saw some like you're describing at should just be able to search "rugs" on any site and find something.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on May. 9, 2010

  • I've done that and nothing came up. plus its really hard to tell the exact pile form internet pictures.

    Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2010

  • I don't know, but this site has tons of styles.

    Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 PM on May. 9, 2010

  • It is a frieze, but it's thick-cabled, as opposed to thin. They are far less common than the thin-cabled ones, but you can still find them here and there at places like Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. You could also try going to some smaller, locally owned carpet and flooring stores in your area, as many times they will sell rugs as well. If they don't have what you're looking for, they may be able to tell you where you can one.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on May. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.