help identifying rug type

I'm looking for a certain kind of rug for our nursery and I want a shag type rug, but the pile almost looks like macaroni is so big and wide, though its longer than macaroni. It also doesn't fray out at the top. It has a spongey feel because of how thick it is and I actually just saw this at Lowes in a color I don't want but of course its not online and I don't know what to search to even find an image. Can anyone tell me what this style would be labeled as? I know that some places are calling shag frieze (sp) but everything I've seen in that style is long, but still way too thin.

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 5:23 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I saw some like you're describing at Target...you should just be able to search "rugs" on any site and find something.
    Anonymous

• I've done that and nothing came up. plus its really hard to tell the exact pile form internet pictures.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I don't know, but this site has tons of styles.
    http://www.flor.com/service/flor/index.html
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 PM on May. 9, 2010

• It is a frieze, but it's thick-cabled, as opposed to thin. They are far less common than the thin-cabled ones, but you can still find them here and there at places like Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. You could also try going to some smaller, locally owned carpet and flooring stores in your area, as many times they will sell rugs as well. If they don't have what you're looking for, they may be able to tell you where you can one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on May. 10, 2010