how do i get my mom to give it a rest?

she keeps saying my one cat is under weight, he is a siamese mix..he has a large frame and heavy but not fat,(13lbs) according to my vet he is a couple pounds heavier than he would like but his weight is mostly muscle. she tells me im feeding the the wrong food, i give my cats purina indoor food, cause both cats have hairball issues and this food helps with that, my other cat is small framed and has fattened up some since getting fixed(9 lbs)...but vet said she is perfect weight..my mom's cats on the other hand are fat, they look like furry balls with feet, she thinks that cats should fat like hers, and i should buy this more expensive food, while i know what my cats get isnt the best food out their i know it isnt the worst, my vet said what they eat is fine and he says they are healthy, but my mom preaches everytime she comes over, and says my large cat looks like he is losing weight, he isnt. he is also very active

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ignore her! Or tell her you will just have to agree to disagree because you aren't discussing this with her ever again!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2010

• op here

on my large cat you can see the outline of his hips( not sure how to explain it) but from what i read on cats that they should be able to feel and sorta see the hips...
    Anonymous

• Just keep telling her that it is the BREED and that the vet says he is perfect for that breed!
    Anonymous

• next time you go to your vet ask them for some info on over weight cats and give it to her. being over weight is dangerous to a cats health just like a humans. and it only takes a few pounds on a cat to make a huge difference.
    Anonymous

• ignore her, you know they're fine and thats what matters.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:23 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Ask her where she studied her Veterinarian Degree and then tell her it is not open for discussion ever again. If she comments again, completely ignore the comment, say something like " did you watch Grey's Anatomy last night" it's an obvious redirection, and she'll soon get the hint that you are not going to be drawn into a conversation about your cats. You also have to change your way you react, if you argue back each time, she thinks she is advising you. Stop her at the first sentence with " I will not discuss this again, What did you have for Dinner last night?"
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:23 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Ignore her advice. Just smile and quote the Vet.
    You could have worse problems than this though, I have to say. Consider yourself lucky.
    Anonymous

• I would tell say to her, "when you have a veterinary degree and become a veterinarian, I will listen to what you have to say. Until then, I'll follow MY veterinarian's advice".
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:20 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Tell her to shut her pie hole. It's your fuggin cat, not hers. Shuts my mom up quick when she's nagging at me :) lol
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 6:06 AM on May. 10, 2010