Do you think misbehaved juviniles should be sent to bootcamps as a last resort to make them turn their lives around?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 6:18 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about as a "last resort". If there is a good boot camp, I think it would be beneficial to help turn around the kids before they become "last resort" type cases.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:19 PM on May. 9, 2010

• No. My adult dd thought it would work for my grandson. He talked back and smoked pot. That was the extent of his bad behavior and she said she couldn't deal with it. She sent him there. He's not a bad a&& but came out beaten, they broke his nose and he's now full of so much anger for her sending him there that he's ten times worse than when he went in. Find a way to deal with whatever the child is specifically doing don't just throw them away to make someone else "fix" them. There is so much resentment that builds up. They think the parent doesn't care and abandons them. If the child agrees that it's a good thing and he/she wants to go then that's different but if they are being forced to go, I'm against it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on May. 9, 2010

• If it was last resort and I've tried everything in my power then yes. Sometimes there is only so much you can do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on May. 9, 2010

• HA! My mother sent me to boot camp... They kicked me out when I kicked the "Captain" in the junk! lol... Those things are jokes! They can't touch you, they can't really shoot you, even if they say they will... And all they do it help delinquents find new friends with new ideas... You don't even want to know how much sex and drugs goes through those places... Nope, there is no point in sending your kids to those things... Just a waist of money!
    Anonymous

• wow. what horror stories. I only know one kid who went through one and he came out MUCH better off. But I guess he is the exception...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Military School would be my last resort.
    Real lagit schools taught by real lagit Military.

By the way anon 5:38 .. "Waist" is where your pants sit. "Waste" is the spelling you're looking for.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:50 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Amazing Jazz... You can correct spelling, but can't tell the difference between a 6 and a 5... Hmmm...
    Anonymous

• If the kid is REALLY that in trouble, yes. Or they might end up in jail otherwise. Sometimes you have to nip that sh$@ in the bud before it becomes a huge problem and ruins lives... Now if it's just rebellion, no, of course not.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:40 AM on May. 10, 2010