I didn't know I was pregnant

do you believe that show?? or the people on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ha ha no way! i can see not knowing for the first 4 or maybe 5 months but not the entire pregnancy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:26 PM on May. 9, 2010

• yes, My dh's friend's gf dident no she was prego, she went to the hospital thought it was gas and had a baby! she was totally freaked out, everyone was talking about how that happened...it was so funny cause she never put on any weight or had any cravings or missed any periods! she had a 6.3 oz baby!
    Anonymous

• lol its a fun show to watch but i don't believe it, especially when they show the small girls that didnt know. Come on now how can you not tell you went from a size 5 to a size 12! Its not water weight! Some of the things they say are true like very little movement but I don't believe any of it. like the PP said around the 3rd trimister its kind of obvious.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:29 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I never heard of a show like that. But I have a friend who didn't know til she was in labor. She was very heavy her entire life, had stomach issues as well so she had just assumed kicks and whatnot were gas. And she never stopped having a period, it just lightened... It was only once her water broke that she figured it out! lol...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i seen previews for it but didnt watch it..it made me laugh, how could someone not know? unless they were heavy to begin with but how do you account for losing periods and everything else that comes with being pregnant
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:36 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure I believe ALL the stories on the show, but I believe that things like this really can happen! A good friend of mine did not know until she was 8 months along with her daughter. She isn't an extremely heavy woman, but had a little extra weight. She only gained a total of 12lbs by the time she found out at 8 months and over time she just thought she was getting fat.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:54 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I have no idea how anyone could not know. I knew with all three of my pregnancies before I even took a test. But my mom didn't know she was pregnant with my brother until she was almost 5 months along...she got her period the entire time and had no idea until she went in to get her tubes tied...they did a pregnancy test, it showed up positive and then they did the ultrasound and she was about 25 weeks preggo.
    Anonymous

• I kind of believe it. I have one Aunt that doesn't test positive on a pee test ever throughout her pregnancies, has to have a blood test. Not too mention lots of women out there don't have regular periods so missing it,even that long is not a huge deal, especially heavier women a lot of them stop having periods due to their weight or other health problems they have. Plus, it is possible I am sure to mistake the kicking and what not. Now, the teeny tiny little girls who didn't know.. that makes my eyebrows raise a bit, but taller women or heavier women I could see it happening too. Its a crazy intense show tho!!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 7:12 PM on May. 9, 2010

• A girl I went to high school with caught a double-hitter and made 2 homeruns at a home softball tournament the night before she delivered her 6lb 7oz baby girl.

She called her dad, the "in-school suspension teacher," when she got to the emergency room the next morning. "Dad, um... I've had cramps all morning, you need to come. I'm having a baby."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!"

"No, I'm HAVING a baby. Like, right now!"

I can just imagine his 5'3 stocky stature, red rim of hair on his head, his crisply cut goatee... dropping the phone and getting in the car, scared to death she was lying.

I've seen it happen, so to answer your question, yes, I believe them!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:36 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I am sure if you have no knowledge and awareness of how your body functions, what happens when you are pregnant ,and are able to ignore symptoms you could possibly not know. But,for the majority of us who know how reproduction works and how your body behaves while pregnant, it would be so obvious. FIrst, most feel nauseated and have sore boobs. Then after about 5 months there are kicks that are more powerful than "gas". PLUS, there is a big bump in your middle that visibly moves! I don't know....maybe the ones who say they never knew have some mental problems that cause denial? Like "If I ignore it,maybe it will go away " ?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:58 PM on May. 9, 2010