is the mucus plug and "bloody show" 2 totally different things?

how long after losing your mucus plug do you stay pregnant?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i lost mine about 3 weeks before labor. the mucus plug may have blood in it, but yes they are different. bloody show is usually pink or mostly pink with blood stain in it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:42 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think they are different things. For me, I started losing my plug a month before my water broke. I never had a "bloody show"
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:42 PM on May. 9, 2010

• No its not the same thing. I never had any bloody show with any of my 4 pregnancies. I only lost my plug with my first (that I saw at least!)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:15 PM on May. 9, 2010

• No, they aren't the same.
    I lost my plug multiple times. I'd lose it, it would regrow and I'd lose it again. This process repeated for months. 4 days before I had DD I lost my plug with blood in it and the day before I had her I started bleeding which got worse the closer I got to having her. They told me that was my bloody show.
    Sorry for the TMI but my plug was a big glob of mucus and my bloody show was pink spotting which turned redder as time went on.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:14 PM on May. 9, 2010