Mini Pill??

i heard that you have to take it at the exact same time everyday or it isn't as effective, is this true?? What if I take it within say 3 hours everyday, would that be ok? and is ok when breastfeeding?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 6:38 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Health

• yes that is true, same time every day (that's actually true with all pills BTW)

yes, it is OK while breastfeeding, that's what it's used for is breastfeeding women who don't want to get pregnant again
    Anonymous

• It is more effective if taken within an hour of the regular time you take it. The absolute maximum amount of time you can take it too early or too late is 3 hours. If you take it 3 or more hours away from the regular time the directions tell you to use a back up method of BC.

I've gotten pregnant twice while BFing, so that is not a reliable BC at all. The mini pill is the only pill that my Ob/Gyn says is safe to take while BFing.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:17 PM on May. 9, 2010