baby blues....depression...or just overwhelmed?

I had my 4th baby about 2 weeks ago...i had an IUD in for a year when i became preg. with him. I had 3 wonderful boys and thought i was done. Since the IUD didnt work i got my tubes tied soon after delivery with this baby. I have 4 boys under the age of 5 and one with Down Syndrome. I have been crying on and off lately and have been feeling very overwhelmed with all the adjustments ive had to cope with. I just would appriciate some words of advice or oppinions on what may help me get through the first months of postpartum. I have talked with my OB about how ive been feeling and she seems to think the way im feeling isnt post-partum depression, its just because i have so much to deal with. Having 4 children the ages i do and one with special needs....its a lot to deal with. I am feeling more energetic lately and finally am back up and on CM so things are getting better me. What do you think....thanks for all your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Holy Cow, mama! I'd say you are overwhelmed, and rightfully so. Do you have DH or other family/friends for support? God bless you and Happy Mother's Day! I'm sure once you get on a schedule, everything will fall into place.
    Anonymous

• being over whelmed is normal. and can cause depression. i'm glad things are starting to look better for you. happy mothers day!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:44 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Feeling overwhelmed is normal at first probably the baby blues. I had a hard time the first couple of weeks.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2010