Almost three months

almost three months in a little over a week and is eating 9-12 ounces every 3-4 hours normal? if not any suggestions? she is sleeping through the night 8pm -6am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is way too much, you should offer small amounts frequently but the baby should only be taking an average of 30 oz daily.
    I don't mean to sound rude but you are overfeeding. Here's a link for you: http://www.drgreene.com/qa/how-much-milk-should-baby-be-drinking
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 7:21 PM on May. 9, 2010

• no i agree my daughter is 4and half months and can barely finsh 5oz at a time. and the peditrion note said if im rite for 4months was 25oz in a day total. maybe put cereal in a bottle bc it will make it thicker and keep them full longer so they arent snackin as much, i no some moms say its bad but i had to due it with my daughter at one month because her acid reflux was unbarable
    Anonymous

• sleeping through the night that young is not normal
    Anonymous

• Right before my almost 3 months old goes to sleep he eats up to 8-10 ounces. He isn't sleeping through the night yet. But I read in my American Academy of Pediatrics book that some but not all 3 month olds sleep through the night. Your baby could also be going through a growth spurt.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:38 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Do NOT put cereal in the bottle, it is a choking hazard and a known risk factor for SIDS. Also it is normal for a 3 month old to sleep through the night, it all depends on the child. My DD slept through the night at 2.5 months and still does at 13 months.

Having that said, it does sound like your baby is eating a lot. I would ask the doctor. He may have you start spoon feeding some rice cereal. Good luck!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:38 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I have always been told never to give more than 32oz a day. Id put a call in to the dr.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:05 PM on May. 9, 2010