is this the wrong reason to go back to college?

im going into a one year program and it isnt really all that costly less than 5k for everything, tuition, books, lab fees, uniforms, ect. well im going back well for one to get a job, i been tryin for months to get a job and cant, but the main reason is to prove to certain people that im better than what they are sayin about me..
i know its childish but i cant wait to rub into one person's face after i get my degree, she always thought she was better than me, even though she dropped out of high school, while i graduated with a 3.85 then went to college and got a 2 yr degree in nursing and graduated with a 3.o...and im not the type who usually brags about things, i am more of a private person, so much that people i have been friends with for a number of years just found out i went to college previously..
but this person has tried to drag me down since we were kids, she is a relative...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you've already done two years for a nursing program? I'd say that's bragging rights enough! lol What are you going for this next time?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:43 PM on May. 9, 2010

• op here
    pharmacy technician, i job shadowed a pharmacist in high school and when one of the techs quit she had me help fill scripts help her with mixing chemo bags, stock, order supplies and enter billing, and insurance on the computer, i loved it but my parents pushed me into nursing, and i dont want to go back for some reason since having kids ive gotten a weak stomach, the site of blood makes me puke now. i did the "job shadow" thing my whole senior year from 7 am to 1130 am, i arranged my class schedules so i wouldnt have morning classes
    i also worked at a group home as medication manger/ supervisor and with that job i worked pharmacist, having to order medications and transcribe dr's orders, and again loved it. im not thrilled that even with a degree it doesnt pay much, startin wage where im at is 8 an hr, thats less than what cna/med aides get but for me being a pharm tech is more of a calling.
    Anonymous

• op here
    and another reason i had no morning classes my senior year was because my junior year i took college psychology and medical terminology as elective classes so i received extra credits and had the option to graduate at semester, but chose not to, i didnt want to miss that extra time with my friends.
    Anonymous

• we're in dire need for nurses, how can you not find a job? nurses start at 60k a year.... pharmacy techs make less than that...
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 8:10 PM on May. 9, 2010

• op here
    cause the nursing jobs here are gone as fast at they are posted, and im fine with the low pay, i dont need to work cause my husband makes enough to provide a decent living, with my youngest starting pre school this fall there isnt any reason for me to be home and i want out of the house. and besides i couldnt do nursing work, i nearly fainted when my daughter had to have blood drawn...im not sure what happened with that i used to be fine with needles and blood but i just cant handle it now, and i never really liked nursing to begin with. when i worked with pharmacists in high school and that one previous job it just felt like second nature.. like i belong there...not sure how to explain it
    Anonymous

• well it seems like you have alot or too much time on your hands.most people just dont have that option to pick and choose careers to rub it in someones face...if your heart is in it go for it but if its just to prove something dont waste your time cause you trying to prove something you may fall short yourself and need a hand.be thankful you are in a better postion than others, be a blessing to someone , and live your life goodluck :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:10 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Anything you do should be for YOURSELF (or your kids obviously), not others. Those naysayers will be gone one day and YOU'LL be what's left. Make yourself happy before someone else.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:37 AM on May. 10, 2010

• To add, if she drags you down so much, relative or otherwise, maybe you should cut her out of your life. That negativity is never good.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:38 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, do it for yourself. While you'll one-up that person , there is always gonna be someone out there with more education. In most people's opinions, professional degrees don't really count as actual degrees. Like, 90% of people I know have Master's degrees (including me).
    Anonymous