Any moms live in Milwaukee or know the area well?

Just wondering if you like it, if it's a good city to raise kids in? Pros, cons etc...?

Thanks in advance for the info!!!

newmomma14

Asked by newmomma14 at 8:12 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was born in Milwaukee,,go Cheese heads! But I moved as a child out west. I have been back to visit and I dont know if you are talking about the main city itself or the outskirts. They did a whole lot of work on the city back in the 80"s. Cleaned up the area too. ITS JUST SO DANG COLD IN THE WINTER, but love Lake Michigan, its a great place to spend lazy Saturdays with the family
    Anonymous

• I live in the city, it is a horrible place for kids. The school system is one of the worst in the country. We have gang violence and overall general violence, robberies, and shootings. If I could leave I would. The housing market is bad. Our home value dropped 24,000 since we moved in just 4 years ago which is why we can't move we owe too much to sell it. Don't count on the police to protect you. We had a women getting beat in front of our home in winter, her boyfriend ripped her top off and was kicking her in the head while she was down. When the police finally got here he dragged her back through the alley and the cop wouldn't even follow him. He said "she must have liked it or she wouldn't have left with him". Then he picked up her clothes and left! Even the suburbs around here are not good. I would stay away. And I plan to leave the first chance I get.

Anonymous

• It has a giant gay/lesbian community. Don't know if thats a concern for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 10, 2010