24, 32, 36, 48 huh? Why not jusy say.......

Okay QQ.... For moms who, when asked who old thier chil(ren) are, refer to their 2 year old as 24 months and thier 2 year old with a couple months as 36 months and so forth....why?
I am not bashing I am just asking. I met a lady tody and her child was 2 years old, but when asked she said, "Oh she's 24 months."
Personally after my kids turned one I stoped using the months reference.

So, could one you please explain why you, or someone you know still counts in months that way.

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The doctors stop using month reference at year 3 because of all the developmental milestones that hit in between years.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 1:57 AM on May. 10, 2010

• IDK maybe it's cos when they have check ups it is called the 12 month or 18month check, and so people keep that in mind.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I have always used months up until they get about 18 months.. then I just say "year and a half". Just easier that way in my opinion
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i stopped the months after being 2....i think it because its so generalized and the development of a 12 month old is a lot different that a 18 mth old.
    Anonymous

• The only thing I can come up with is the milestone ages and sometimes that still goes by months....Dont get saying 24 months though instead of 2.
    Anonymous

• My thoughts are that a child that has just turned 2 vs a child that is 30 months have a huge difference in development. Since they change so rapidly at these ages, it's easier for me to relate to the age in months rather than in years.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:23 PM on May. 9, 2010

• its a good question.....i'll probaby say oh my baby is 1 year and so many months but i don't think i'll be say 24 months 36 etc
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I always think its funny what people tell you their child is seven and a half or nine and a half, like the extra half a year makes a difference. I am 37 and three quarters today
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• maybe their trying to keep them feeling like their child is still a baby. hard to let go sometimes.
    Anonymous

• I stopped using months after 18 months.. when they were 24 months I said they were 2. I also think its a little odd to say 24 months, 36 months, etc.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:29 PM on May. 9, 2010