How do I clean my coffee maker?

We use it to make coffee and tea. The pot we clean by scrubbing in the sink, that's not a problem. What I want to know is, how do you clean where your pour the water? It's nasty in there and I can't get my hand down in there to clean it.
We heard you can use bleach, vinegar and baking soda (not all together). But how much of them and how much water. How many times do you run that through before rinsing. Any help would be appreciated.

LorisChar

Asked by LorisChar at 8:44 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think you should use bleach. I would say 1 cup vinegar/3 cups water. Run the vinegar and water once and then run just water.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

• white vinegar 1 pot-- folllowed by1 pot of distilled water
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:17 PM on May. 9, 2010

• we've used bleach...you just make sure to use a small amount (maybe a quarter cup) with the full pot of water...and then run two full pots of water through to rinse. Worked great! But if it makes you nervous, you could try the vinegar first
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i always use white vinegar....run a full pot thru, then a couple pots of plain water. It not only cleans that reservoir, but the hoses that pump the water thru. Your coffee maker will probably run better too :)
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:56 PM on May. 9, 2010